Friday, 24 March 2017

How I went from being a lonewolf to a shaggy dog


Yep you read that title right. I have always been kind of a loner. I had a great group of friends and we did things together, but if you asked me to be honest I would tell you I much appreciated my time alone. To do things as I wanted, when I wanted was a great treat for me. So imagine my delight when the test results came in and my spirit animal was a wolf. Fate? I think so!

So what exactly does a wolf represent when it becomes a spirit animal? The wolf represents a sharp intelligence, strong instincts and an even stronger need for freedom. If you have a wolf as your spirit animal it could be a sign that you are dealing with a big challenge in your life. Even though they do love and crave freedom wolves run in packs and family means everything. The wolf spirit is a reminder to keep yourself authentic and true.

Almost 2 years ago I entered the best relationship I have ever been in. We moved in together quickly, which was a very very big change for me. For someone who was a lone wolf for so long, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed having someone in my home. It was a much smoother transition than I anticipated.

So it really shouldn't have been such a surprise when a new spirit animal came to me in a guided meditation. A shaggy dog. Really? What happened to my wolf? Obviously I had to do some digging.

Dogs are a reminder to be loyal, kind and truthful. not only to other people, but to yourself as well. You are and should always be your best friend. Having the dog as your spirit animal shows that you have a lot of spirit and heart. Don't let anyone take that away.

Am I disappointed in having the dog as my spirit animal? Absolutely not. The wolf is in there still and when I need it, it will come back out. I think being the domesticated dog is a nice change of pace and I will keep him around for awhile.

-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this. :-)

    Like you I had a group of friends but I appreciated my time alone (so much), but now my husband is allowed into my bubble and I feel like I feed off of his energy in a way that I've never done with anyone else before.

    I think it's good to change your perspective every once in a while as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete