Friday, 3 March 2017

Look inside yourself to find your best self

http://favim.com/image/5088952/
Ever ask yourself "What am I doing with my life?" or say " I am not 100% satisfied"? Welcome to my daily struggle. I have a great life, fantastic boyfriend, amazing friends and supportive family. Outside of that, I think I sort of lost myself. The past two years are what I like to call "my reflective years". I sat down many times and realized that the path I thought I desperately wanted was not the path for me anymore. My life wasn't making me happy. I thought being the career driven single girl was what I was meant to be in life, but it was a heavy load I was carrying by myself, and I was burnt out. I had to figure out what changes I needed and how to make them. Life became so much better for me when I switched career paths and ended up with the love of my life.

These are my strategies for finding your best self and enjoying life on your own terms:

Meditate- Meditation is a fantastic tool. Find a quiet area where you won't be disturbed. Close your eyes and clear your mind. Use a guided meditation or some peacful music and just let your mind wander. You'll be surprised what answers may float to the surface.

Use crystals- You can use different crystals depending on the answers you seek. While meditating, hold crystals in your hand. Focus on that crystal and the properties it has. Crystals are a fantastic tool for you to utilize.

Create a list- Sit with a piece of paper and write down everything that makes you happy. Don't worry how crazy the list may be. Your life journey may be in that list and you don't even know it.

Keep a reflection journal- Write in a journal about your day. Talk about positive and negative experiences, your feelings, new things you tried, etc. Look back every now and again and see what made you feel great.

Try new things- I was very nervous to start my journey with crystals. I am so glad I did though and I am much happier now. Try new things and have no regrets. They may not always work out, but at least you can say you did them.

Have a support system- No matter the decision, it is important to always have a support system. You should never go down a path without people cheering you on. That way, whether you stumble or succeed, you will have someone in your corner. My support system is my parents, my best friend (you may know her, she is the other half of this blog!) and my boyfriend. Seriously, I tell them everything and bounce ideas off them constantly.

What are your strategies for enriching your life? Are you 100% satisfied? Comment below your ideas!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment