Thursday, 16 March 2017

Shannon's Top Five Favourite Books


Reading has always been a big part of my life. Shy by nature, books allowed me to connect with others…. without experiencing fear and social anxiety. Words were my escape and continue to be so today. Not only do I write professionally, but I am also an avid reader. The latter is especially true when it comes to crystals and spirituality. There is so much I want to learn!

Amanda and I are always reading one book or another. Though the topics may change from month to month, the ultimate goal is the same: to learn, grow, and connect. So, without further ado, here are my top five favourite books.

The Complete Idiots Guide to Chakras. Beginnings can be both exciting and scary. When my path of self-discovery started, I was terrified that I would never learn enough. Thankfully, The Complete Idiots Guide to Chakras was the first book I bought. It is straightforward, easy to read, and to the point. This is a fantastic resource and an even better jumping off point. If you are looking to dip your toes in the water…start here.

Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life With Crystal Energy. I am a big fan of Doreen Virtue. Though I have barely scratched the surface of her extensive catalogue of books, recordings, and oracle cards, this Crystal Therapy book is a definite favourite. This is a fantastic beginner based book, which touches on topics like working with crystals, the meanings of commonly used stones, and even angel therapy. (This book sparked that particular interest for me!) I often use this as a reference guide.

Healing With Crystals. If you want an in-depth look at crystals (both popular and rare) then this book is an absolute must. My copy has been read through so many times that it is highlighted, dog-eared, and well loved. (Note: I could not find a link to purchase this online but be sure to check out your local gem shop to purchase a copy of your own.) This book goes into great detail on numerous crystals. There are possible meanings, medical uses, affirmations, and so much more. It is a must have!

Women’s Book of Joy: Listen to Your Heart, Live With Gratitude, and Find Your Bliss. Few books have affected me as deeply as the Women’s Book of Joy. Though the book is fairly small in size, it is jam packed with life lessons, positive affirmations, and wisdom. The book is broken up into sections (like how to focus on happiness, the meanings of dreams, and so on) that make it easy to read - even if you are short on time. I have read this through twice and like to repeat the affirmations before bed. I cannot recommend this enough. It has helped me become more positive, focused, and connected to my true self.  

Everyday Wisdom For Success. I’ll be honest. There was a lot of personal debate over which book would finish off my top five list. (The Angel Bible, You Are a Badass, and The Chakra Bible were all contenders.) In the end, I chose Everyday Wisdom for Success. This is actually downloaded on my cell phone. It is full of motivational affirmations, phrases, and thoughts that are quick and easy to digest…but incredibly powerful and uplifting. I like to read this on my break or when I have a spare moment in my day. It makes me feel connected and positive.

There you have it! My top five favourite books related to personal growth, spirituality, and development. I encourage you to check them out if you can.

What are your favourite books?


- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment