Wednesday, 8 March 2017

The Sweet Soothing Sounds of Meditation Music

Music is a big part of my life. I've got a genre for every mood. Happy? Pop music. Angry? Rock. Sad? Slow country songs. Anxious? Meditation music. Whenever I am feeling overwhelmed or stressed, I put on meditation music, stand still, and take a few deep breaths. Then I let the sounds wash over me. It helps me feel better and I can listen to it anywhere.

Benefits of Meditation Music

1. Reduces stress and relaxes your body. The soothing notes of the music relax your mind, which then starts to relax your body. It gives you a chance to center yourself and quiet your mind.

2. It sends you into a deep meditation. Whether you are listening to a soft melody or nature sounds, you will slip into a deeper meditation and feel refreshed and rejuvenated.

3. Use it to fall asleep faster and sleep deeply. For those who need noise to fall asleep this is the perfect solution. Nature sounds or meditation music does need to be played loudly. It should be just loud enough to feel soothing, like a lullaby.

4. It calms you during airplane travel. Lots of people are scared of flying (myself included). Put on your headphones, turn on your meditation music and close your eyes. Let your mind wander and your stress will be reduced. The trip will be over before you know it!

5. Allows for better concentration during tasks. When stress and tension is high, tasks are less likely to completed with ease.  By listening to meditation music, you can focus your mind and accomplish things quickly.

Meditation Apps To Download

It's great when you have 20-30 mins to sit down and follow a guided meditation. (If you are able to, check out Shannon's post from yesterday on the topic!) Sometimes life get hectic and I am left with little time to calm down. When that happen, I am so glad I have my go-to meditation apps on my phone. These are a few of my favourites:

My Chakra Mediation. This is one of my favourites and I am constantly turning it on. Each chakra has its own beautiful tones and music. The music is not overly loud, which is perfect. This app is amazing for sleep, work, or meditation.

Tibetan Singing Bowls Chakra. This one is a new one on my phone and I have instantly fallen in love with it. There are two parts to this app. The first is Tibetan singing bowl music for each Chakra and the 2nd is regular meditation music. Both play very different sounds, so it's all about preference. The visual effects are gorgeous too! The only downside to this one is that it doesn't flow into the next song. So this is not going to work for sleeping, but is good for a 5 minute meditation


Meditation Music - by Avryx. Okay, this one had me sold when they played flute music with a thunderstorm in the background. I love nature sounds and can easily get into a calm state when listening to this app. It has many songs to choose from and some are paired with nature sounds, so the choices are great!

Are you a fan of meditation music or guided meditation? Let us know your choice in the comment section below!

- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment