When the New Year began, I came up with a pretty substantial list of resolutions. These were things that I wanted to accomplish, study, and work towards. One of the most important resolutions was to practise gratitude. Why? There are so many incredible aspects of my life, from my loved ones to the things I am able to do. I have an enormous amount to be grateful for – and yet, gratitude does not always come naturally.
Our society pushes us to want more than we have…. and when we get it…we are supposed to want even more. Instead of being grateful for the abundant blessings that surround us, we are in a constant state of lack. This is something I am actively trying to overcome. You can too! Recite these affirmations to achieve an attitude of gratitude.
- I have more than enough. I do more than enough. I am more than enough.
- In this moment, I am grateful and blessed.
- Even on a bad day, there are people who love me.
- Nothing can stop me from living a wonderful life. I am open to a new way of thinking!
- My attention is focused on activities and behaviours that benefit my body, mind, and spirit.
- There is always something beautiful to behold if you really look for it.
- I love my life and am grateful for every opportunity that presents itself.
- Life may not always work out as planned, but I adapt because I have everything I need to persevere.
- I share my joy with the world…. and the world shares its joy with me.
- I am thankful for the start of each new day.
There is nothing like a bit of gratitude to put things into perspective. Even when the days seem dark…there is always something good in the universe. Open your eyes and find it!
Which attitude of gratitude affirmation is your favourite?