Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Don't forget your 5 min Check In

So many sights to see, so many foods to eat, so many new experiences to try. It's no wonder that vacations can blow past you at top speed. Sometimes it feels like you blink and your vacation is over. Am I right? It's kind of frustrating when you have been waiting months to to take this trip.

I don't know about you, but when I am travelling I am dealing with a huge range of emotions. Anxiety, excitement, happiness, sadness (when I am going home) and calm. Sometimes I have to do a 5 min check in, in order for me to get my emotions to balance and for me to appreciate everything around me. Here are some ways to check in with yourself to make sure you're getting the most out of your vacation!

  1.  Soak in the energy that Mother Nature is putting out. No matter where you go, nature will be around you one way or another. Take a moment, close your eyes and find a way to connect with nature for just 5 mins. Stick your toes in the sand, walk in the water, put your hand on a tree, do anything that will connect you to something that is much bigger than yourself.
  2. Give yourself an affirmation for the week. Affirmation are fantastic. I use them everyday to remind myself of goals, or to focus on the great things in life. Some affirmations you could use are: "I am grateful for a safe journey, a smooth journey and a comfortable journey." "I am a worldly, fun, experienced, interesting person." "I am joyful when I travel and explore this planet." 
  3. Use the power of the moon or sun to your advantage.  The moon and sun are powerful resources and give off so much energy. Use this to your advantage. Lay under the moon light or sun light (with sunscreen of course) and soak it all in for 5 mins. Look around you and see what it is like to look at the moon or sun from a different part of the world. Isn't it fantastic?
  4. Take 5 mins to yourself  to meditate.  If that means the bathroom or somewhere else private go for it. Take 5 mins and allow yourself to meditate for a little bit. That 5 mins to shut down your mind will do wonders for you, especially if you have jet lag.  
  5. Carry some of your favourite crystals or stones. When you start feeling overwhelmed take them out and hold them in your hands. Let the power of the crystal take over. You will be a much better traveller after.

There are so many other ways to check in with yourself. What are some of your 5 min check in techniques? Let us know in the comment section below!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I find it so easy to get overwhelmed when I'm experiencing a lot of new things or feel like I've been going at a hundred miles an hour.

    One thing I find helps (whether I'm travelling or not) is the exercise where you find five things you can see, four things you can touch, three things you can hear, two things you can smell and one thing you can taste. It pulls me out of whatever else I'm thinking about and centres me back in the here and now. I guess it's kind of like meditation in a way.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete