Sunday, 14 May 2017

I Want To Go Exploring And See All The Gems Of The World

In my dreams I would love to travel the world. In reality I am not sure if I ever will. I am not talking about financially, because where there is a will there is a way.  I am talking about how my fears sometimes trample over my need to get out and see all the gems of the world. In October I am going to Cuba with my boyfriend and his family. It will be my fourth trip that wasn't a road trip. It will also be my first trip that wasn't with my family or with Shannon. Not going to lie it adds a little bit to my anxiety.

I am not a terrible flyer, except when it is night time. That is a story for another time.  I am just not sure how to deal with my anxiety in front of people who haven't seen it yet. It is hard when logic gets thrown out the window and I let my emotions get the best of me. My usual tactics when I am in the comfort of my own home aren't necessarily going to be the same when I am away. That is why I was so glad when Shannon suggested doing an adventure themed week  on the blog. It may not be exactly like  the other topics we talk about, but I did learn a lot and have different ideas to handle whatever happens on my trip.

You're probably thinking 'What do you have to be anxious about?'. As much as I love to go exploring and seeing what every town and place has to offer, new places can be intimidating. You don't know where things are or what the culture is like. As much as I want to learn, I don't want to screw it up. Over analyzing? Yeah probably.

However I don't want this post to be focused on the negative. I would much rather focus on the positivity I can bring with me. So I am going to include many of the new age techniques we learned from the past week. I am also going to make sure I pack a journal, my favourite books and my adult colouring book. I will also remember to pack my amethyst, moonstone and aquamarine to help with the flight. I will also remember to give gratitude to God and pray that everything goes smoothly.

I will also remember to enjoy myself. I will never get to relive this exact trip again. I will step back and appreciate everything that is around me. Life is pretty good and I have to remember to appreciate it.

Maybe if this trip goes well I can work my way up to travelling to Europe one day. I would love to go to Athens and see the ruins. Mythology was always a favourite of mine since I was a child. What places do you want to see? Do you think you'll make it there one day or will your anxiety hold you back? Let us know in the comment section below!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment