Sunday, 11 June 2017

I Am Proud To Be A Gemini

For as long as I can remember I have always heard my mom say "oh you are such a Gemini". Sometimes that was a great thing... sometimes not so much. I have also heard through out my life "I don't know which Amanda is going to show up". I guess I am a Gemini through and through.

So when the world became outraged to find out that there suddenly was a new zodiac sign out there, I was right along there with them. This was big news. Everything I knew was turned upside down. Everything that defined me, was suddenly taken away. Something I believed to be 100% true about me, was not who I was anymore. I was mad. I was sad. I was lost.

So what was I? Well according to the early reports I was a Taurus. Ok. That is not so bad. I know I can be stubborn, but also reliable. Something didn't feel right. I still felt connected to Gemini's personality traits. I was still indecisive, inquisitive, witty and about another 10 words to describe a Gemini. What did that mean for me? Maybe I didn't belong to anything. Maybe I was just a lost soul. Not only was that scary, but it was completely depressing. I thought about that awhile. The more I thought about it, the more I got depressed.

Then my mom said something to me that made everything better "that is a load of crap, you have always been a Gemini, and will always be one".  That made me feel a million times better. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I know what and who I am. I am a Gemini and that is all that matters.

Don't worry though. They didn't change the zodiac signs or anything. They just did the math to the discovery of this new zodiac sign, which was originally discovered thousands of years ago by the Babylonians. 

So why did I choose this as my personal story? Well I thought it would be a perfect way to get you excited for next week's theme. It is all about Geminis! It also happens to be my birthday next Sunday so I thought that maybe it was the perfect time to talk about this zodiac sign. Happy birthday to all you beautiful Geminis! Remember no matter which zodiac sign is yours own those personality traits with pride. I know I do!

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I am totally a gemini, and that drives people nuts but I love it. Looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! I am glad you enjoyed it. It is fun being a Gemini!

    ReplyDelete