Thursday, 1 June 2017

Kate Hudson: Pretty Happy


Celebrity culture has always fascinated me. I am guilty of reading gossip websites, keeping up with the latest movies, and knowing who wore what on the red carpet. Which is exactly why Kate Hudson’s self-help book, “Pretty Happy: Healthy Ways to Love Your Body,” was a must-have for me. It seemed to capture everything I love: celebrities and personal growth. So…. what was it like? Did it meet my high expectations?

Unlike many other self-help books, this was designed to look more like a coffee table book. It is a little larger in size, has a hardcover, gorgeous cover art, and tons of pictures throughout. (If you are a fan of Kate Hudson, you will love it for this reason alone.) It would be easy to assume that this book was nothing more than a bit of A-list fluff. However, nothing could be further from the truth.

“Pretty Happy” is a well-structured book that is visually appealing, helpful, and thought provoking. It is structured into four pillars – with each one dedicated to an area of your life that requires your focus. For example, pillar one is about getting in touch with your body, pillar two is about healthy eating and nutrition, pillar three is all about exercise, and pillar four is related to mindfulness and meditation. This is a well-rounded book that touches on some of the most important aspects of living a healthy and balanced life.

Something that really stood out to me was her stance on body positivity. This book is really about embracing who you are, living a thoughtful life, and being the very best version of yourself. It is uplifting, powerful, and enjoyable to read. By far, this is one of my favourite lifestyle books. It is one that I can see myself reading again and referring to whenever I am going off-track with my health related goals.

Kate Hudson may be known for her work on the big screen…. but “Pretty Happy” has cemented her status as an expert in the lifestyle, self-help, and fitness world.

Have you read this book? Share your thoughts in the comment section!


- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment