Thursday, 6 July 2017

Girl Power Inspired Quotes


I remember being both inspired and intimidated by the Spice Girls. Everyone in my grade school class was obsessed with the girl-power pop band – myself included. But unlike everyone else, part of me felt like I couldn’t be a fan. Why? I was nothing like the members of the band. They were outspoken, strong, powerful, brave, and beautiful. Meanwhile, I was shy, awkward, and uncomfortable. What did I know about girl power? It wasn’t until years later that I would truly understand the importance of their message.

See, there have been an awful lot of changes lately. The world around us has become negative and toxic. This makes it harder and harder to see the bright side. This makes it difficult to be a strong woman – full of girl power – without fearing there will be consequences. But other people cannot stop who we are. They cannot silence, still, or ignore. Women are not the enemy. We are strong. We are united. We have girl power on our side.

Here are a few quotes from inspiring women to inspire you today.
  • "To all the little girls who are watching, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams." (Hillary Clinton)
  • “Who run the world? Girls.” (Beyonce)
  • “Women have to harness their power – it’s absolutely true. It’s just learning not to take the first no. And if you can’t go straight ahead, you go around the corner.” (Cher)
  • “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.” (Michelle Obama)
  • “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” (Amy Schumer)
  • “To the doubters and naysayers and everyone who gave me hell and said I could not, that I would not or I must not – your resistance made me stronger, made me push harder, made me the fighter that I am today. It made me the woman that I am today. So thank you.” (Madonna)
  • “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” (Oprah Winfrey)

Do you have a quote that inspires you?

- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment