Why do females think it's a good idea to bring each other down? Society does that enough for us. We should be building each other up, rather than tearing each other down. Some how it became socially acceptable to insult each other, and we are suppose to accept it. Maybe even insult back. Then someone goes to far and we all walk away unhappy. What is the point of doing this little dance? Let's talk about what we can do to build up our friendships instead.
- Compliment each other. It's really simple. Rather than insulting each other, compliment each other. A simple compliment can go along way. Both parties will walk away feeling better about themselves. It's a win win situation.
- Encourage each other. When someone is doing something fantastic in their lives, or going in a new direction, it is great to hear that someone stands behind their decision. That can make all the difference between doubting yourself and feeling confident.
- Connect with each other on a regular basis. This is so important. I'm not saying every day. I know that life gets pretty busy sometimes. Checking in with each other needs to be done on both sides of the friendship. One can not make all the effort. That is tough, and also a little annoying. There are two in this friendship, so everyone needs to make an effort.
- Do activities together that helps to grow the friendship. No need to sit there and gossip. Why not do an activity together? Go to a movie, try a paint and drink night, or go to a new restaurant together. Doing different activities will help strengthen your friendship and who knows maybe you guys will learn more about each other.
- Push each other. Doubting ourselves is natural. That is why we need good friends to help us out of that. We need friends who know us so well to help motivate us and give us the courage to try something new.
All of these tips are simple and easy to implement. So the next time you want to insult your female friendships or want to bring them down a bit, try one of these instead. They will strengthen your friendship and make it better!
What are your tips for building a better friendship? Let us know in the comment section below!