Tuesday, 1 August 2017

Summer Reads With Substance


One of my goals for the summer was to do more reading for personal and spiritual growth. Though there have been a few setbacks (like coming down with a cold), it is still on my seasonal list of priorities. Since the warmer months tend to make reading super long and dense books a little more challenging…here are some summer reads with substance.

You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero. I know, I know, I have talked about this book before, but there is a reason for that. The comical, no-nonsense approach to life makes this a great read for personal development. Plus, it doesn’t feel heavy-handed or overwhelming. Another option is the follow-up, You Are a Badass at Making Money – which is focused on finances and saving money. With that same straight-shooting attitude that makes this a fabulous (and effective) summer read.

Everyday Wisdom for Success by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. One of my favourite summer reads with substance is this e-book that is downloaded on my cell phone. It cost about $5 and is full of affirmations about work, success, and self-esteem. This is great if you are on the go, commuting to work, on a break, or really any time you are short on time. Read a little or a lot…it doesn’t matter! This book will instantly boost your mood and shift your perceptions on life.

Slim For Life by Jillian Michaels. There are a million weight loss and diet books on the market, but this one is a little bit different. Like the Badass book listed above, this has a definite don’t give me excuses attitude (which is to be expected from a Jillian Michaels books). This book lays out simple but realistic ways to cut back on unnecessary calories and live a more mindful life. It’s not too long, gets right to the point, and will be the perfect addition to your summer season.

These are a few of my suggestions to get you started on your summer reading list. Be sure to share your own book recommendations in the comment section below!


- Shannon

3 comments:

  1. Aww! you are a bad ass by Jen Sincero is one of my favorite. This book is just straight to the point, tells you what you are not ready to hear but you need to. (I will be writing a review on it, we can collaborate) I will check out the rest of the list. You can also try, (if you haven't) The go giver by Bob Burg one of my favorite or the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great list for book lovers. I love reading Paulo Coelho will search for the books you have mentioned here. Thanks for this list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great options to check out, thanks so much. I find it tough to find enough time to get in reading so it's important to find options of substance. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete