I am an empath. This wasn’t something I was aware of until Amanda brought it up to me one day. In fact, I had never even heard the word before. But once she sent me a link to a website about empaths, I knew that I was. Every single definition and emotion and habit described fit me to a tee. Honestly? It felt like an enormous weight had been lifted from my shoulders. It wasn’t that I was simply overly emotional ….I was an empath…and there were other people out there like me.
It was a liberating feeling to finally feel like my emotions weren’t a bad thing. That they could actually be used to help people. Are you an empath? To find out, read through some of these common characteristics.
- Empaths are highly sensitive and feel things very deeply.
- They absorb other people’s emotions and can take on someone else’s feelings.
- Many empathic people are introverted.
- They are highly intuitive and need time alone to re-charge.
- Empaths often deal with energetic vampires (people who take advantage of their empathy).
- Nature is a great way to re-charge and find balance.
- Empaths often give too much of themselves.
If you found yourself nodding your head to any of those traits, chances are, you are an empath, too.
Does this sound like you? Which characteristics describe your personality?