Thursday, 30 March 2017

How Dreams Can Give You Closure

Dreams are powerful. Not only do they give us much needed insight but they can also heal emotional wounds and give you closure. Think of it this way. Have you ever had a dream about a loved one…where you talked through an issue? Or said goodbye? Or made amends? Chances are, you felt infinitely better when you woke up. Even though it was a just a dream, you were able to be open and honest about your feelings.

Yes, dreams have the ability to give you closure that you may be unable to receive in your waking life. This can lift an emotional burden - and allow you to live without guilt or regret. Closure through dreams is real and it has happened to me many times throughout the years. 

After my grandma died, I was consumed by guilt. I kept thinking about all the times I didn’t call, the things I didn’t get to say, and the visits that were cut short. One night, she came to me in a dream. She wrapped her arms around me and I knew that all was forgiven. That dream allowed me to move forward and stop punishing myself for the past.

I had another closure-related dream after the end of a toxic relationship. It wasn’t until the relationship was over that I realized how emotionally abusive and manipulative it had been. I hated myself for the things I did not do…. for the things I did not say…. and for everything I couldn’t change. I wound up listening to a guided meditation for forgiveness. That night, I had a vivid dream where I yelled, screamed, and let it all out. When I woke, a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

It’s amazing what dreams can do.

How To Gain Closure From Dreams

  • Before bed, think about what you want to let go of. Create an intention and hold crystals in your hand while you do so. (There are many crystals to choose, from depending on your specific area of concern. Take a look at this guide to Crystals For Emotional Issues to find the right crystal for you.)
  • Listen to a guided meditation related to forgiveness, closure, or moving forward. One that I really enjoy comes from Doreen Virtue. You can purchase it on her website or check out one of the free meditations on her YouTube page.)
  • Try a Reiki healing session either in person or online. If you are able to have a full Reiki healing done…book an appointment. It will bring many emotional blockages to the surface. That can often carry over into your dreams. Alternatively, you can check out YouTube videos for distance healing.

Have you been able to gain closure from your dreams? Share your stories!

- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment