Thursday, 27 April 2017

An Interview With Amanda


It’s rare that you meet someone who gets you. Who has a way of making you feel at ease and understood. Lucky for me, I met my best friend Amanda, and that is exactly what happened. Our friendship is easily one of the most important aspects of my life. She is not only my best friend…. but someone I love, respect, and admire.

Amanda is strong, determined, hard working, and honest. She is an incredible listener and an even better friend. Here is your chance to get to know her a little bit better.....

How did you come up with the name, Cosmic Positivity?
I wish I had a big epic story for this, but I really don’t. We have always talked about making the world a better place somehow, so I think that’s where Positivity comes from. As far as the word Cosmic, I didn’t want us to be limited to a topic such as crystals or Chakras. It sort of embodied everything we could want to talk about.

How has writing for the blog affected or changed your life so far?
I am a sucker for projects. After leaving my previous job, I had no special projects to work on, so I became bored and a couch potato. This gives me something that I can really sink my teeth into.

What are the best and worst things about blogging?
The worst is editing pictures. Oh wow, does it ever take forever! The best is all the knowledge I am getting and then giving to other people.

What is your favourite post on Cosmic Positivity?
I have 2: the post you wrote on “How my path to self awareness began” and my piece on “my beliefs, my faith, my way." I really like our personal stories.

Do you have a theme week that stands out as either your favourite or one you are most looking forward to?
Your crystal makeup week really made me excited. I think that’s what I am most looking forward to! Our spirit animal week was awesome too!

What are your long-term goals for the blog?
I don’t know. I know I don’t want it to end, that’s for sure. I would love to see it grow and for us to develop a community/family. 

Describe what Cosmic Positivity means to you in three words.
This one is easy! I can do it in 2 words. SAFE HAVEN.

Which topics are you an expert on? Which do you want to learn more about?
I don’t think I am an expert on any of the topics. I am still learning. I think I really want to learn about aromatherapy next.

If you could pick one crystal to represent Cosmic Positivity, what would it be and why?
This one was extremely difficult. I think your piece on Blue Goldstone inspires me to choose that stone. Not something I thought I would’ve picked, but it just seems right.

How do you stay inspired on a schedule?
I think having a partner in this really makes me have to stay on a schedule. Sometimes though, I will just pick certain posts to work on because I want to.

Where do you see Cosmic Positivity in one year? Five years? Ten years?
Again, this one is tough. I have a tendency to jump 10 steps forward. I get way too excited sometimes. If we reach a point in our lives where we can expand Cosmic Positivity into different ventures, I would like to explore those options. We will know when that time comes. No point in rushing greatness!

Bonus Round Questions: 

Who is your favourite Sesame Street character?
Big bird.

Glitter or sequins?
Glitter.

Would you rather be an ostrich or a fox and why?
Ostrich, because you can peck people who annoys you.

If you could have one object from any Harry Potter book, which would it be?
The time travelling necklace Hermoine has. Do you realize how much I could accomplish in one day!?

If you could run away with the circus, what would your act be?
Trapeze!


There you have it! An interview with my best friend and partner in crime, Amanda. She is without a doubt one of the best people on this planet...and I am so lucky to know her.

- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment