Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Book Review- Moon Spells

One of the common interests between Shannon and I are books. I am pretty sure if we could take a week off from everything and just read we would easily finish a book a day. Oh now that I think of it, that sounds like a great idea. So when Shannon came up with  the idea for a book review week we both jumped at the chance to find books that we could talk about. Problem was narrowing it down to two each. Don't worry we'll do more down the road.

So today I get to talk about a book that I never thought I would fall in love with. I never realized that the moon could be such a big influence in our lives. I really wanted to learn more. So I picked up Moon Spells from Diane Ahlquist. This book does exactly what the tagline says: "How to use the phases of the moon to get what you want".

Before this book even begins to focus on the different spells you can do during the different phases, it teaches you how to prepare for the spell, when to prepare, the different phases and so much more. Before reading this book I did not know how much went into each spell. It's not about just chanting and  putting your intentions out into the universe. It's about making the most of the moon phase and connecting with the moon and the elements. 

Don't worry if wicca is not your thing, and you just want to have a better understanding of things and how to meditate with the moon's energy. This book teaches you all of it. I am not a wicca, and I can really appreciate this book. I have always loved to lay outside under a full moon and now I can do that as well as set certain intentions to make my life better.

Each spell tells you what materials you need, which candles to use, which direction to face, what moon phase to do it in, and what gemstones and incense to use if you would like. It spells out everything for you. You really can't go wrong with this book.

If you are looking for a good book that breaks things down and teaches things without sounding like an encyclopedia then this book is definitely for you.  Have you read it? What did you think?


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment