Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Celebrities and Their Spirituality

For as long as I can remember, tabloids have always had something to say about a celebrity and their religion. They are fascinated with what they believe, and love to make it a bigger deal than what it is. What does it matter what someone believes in? Are they helping to make the world a better place? If they are promoting spirituality, and unity then they are alright in my books. I don't appreciate anyone telling me that one religion is superior over another. Today though I want to focus on the celebrities who are more focused on spirituality than religion. The ones who believe in a "power greater than ourselves". I truly believe that if we all believed that then we could all work together to make the world a better and more positive place to live in.

Russell Brand is a celebrity known among the tabloids for his drug and alcohol addictions. Once he got sober, he discovered that there was much greater force than us in the world. He regularly practises yoga and meditation and never shies away from promoting his spirituality.

Oprah is a force to be reckoned with. She has had many significant religious figures on her show through out the years. She promotes spiritual awareness more than religious awareness and that is what makes her appeal to so many different people. Oprah believes that all of the religious paths in the world will lead to God.  I think that is a great thought.

Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn are one of the most popular couples in Hollywood and one of the few to make it work for decades. They are a very spiritual couple and Kurt Russell has said he meditates in nature regularly. Even though Goldie Hawn has been raised Jewish, she also believes in Buddhism and has also admitted to being a "Jesus freak". Sounds like she appreciates different religions.

Woody Harrelson was raised in a very religious household. As an adult he prefers to be more spiritual and not put one religion over another. He once said  "All of us are yin and yang and ironically now I wish I had more of the yin in my nature. I think I'm too much yang. All I want is balance. It's really about balancing those energies, which I think is what yoga is about. Anything like massage or even tai chi... any of these disciplines that are really about balancing energy and opening the flow of energy and I think at that time I was too... feminine is an interesting choice. I think it's true... I don't know what my mindset was at that time but I think I was also just too soft. I was so sensitive, so vulnerable to getting frazzled by negative energy so naturally I kind of boomeranged. As I got older, I had to get tougher. I was fighting all the time. I was constantly being challenged. And then I became too yang. And now I'm trying to settle in the middle. Nice yin/yang balance."


Love them or hate them you have to recognize and appreciate celebrities who are trying to unify the world and bring spiritual awareness. They use their fame for good and really do want to make the world a better place.

Do you agree with this list? Who did I forget? Let me know in the comment section below!


Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment